Thursday, February 21, 2008

MEDICINE GRIZZLYBEAR LAKE

THE CHURCH OF UFOLOGY
Google: Definition of church: Church is an association of people with a common belief system.

Date of Inception
February 2008

Tenets:

We do not believe that "faith" is found in a building made by man.
We do not "pray" to those who arrive in ships from space.
We believe in a higher power, whatever that may be according to an individual's beliefs.
We believe we were placed on Planet Earth, instead of evolved on Earth.
We heed the words given by extraterrestrials to mankind and then consider whether to accept them.
Together we can change the world through love and positive thinking.

TODAY'S LESSON


Medicine Grizzlybear Lake

Native Healer, Indian Doctor, and UFO Contactee



Bobby Lake-Thom, a traditional Native American healer, known by many as Medicine Grizzlybear Lake, has authored such books as Native Healer (1971), Spirits of the Earth (1998), and Call of the Great Spirit (2001). Half Karuk, and part Seneca and Cherokee, Bobby Lake has apprenticed under a dozen well-known medicine men and women, including Rolling Thunder, Beeman Logan, Mad Bear Anderson, and Calvin Rube, just to name a few. For over twenty years, he has been a professor of Native American Studies at Humboldt State University (CA), Gonzaga University (WA), and Eastern Montana College.


Bobby Lake-Thom had a pretty extraordinary UFO encounter with a déjà vu twist to it. He recalled: “During the late part of winter 1974, I began to have a series of unusual dreams about silver-colored eagles. From out of the void and darkness of the dream state suddenly emerged four eagles. Each eagle came in from a different cardinal point at approximately the same time and correspondingly formed a circular flying pattern. After flying in a circle for a considerable amount of time, they then departed and eventually flew out of sight. I had the same dream on three separate occasions, but on the fourth occasion the content of the dream changed. There was a dark void, then suddenly a strong humming noise, then the appearance of each eagle as it emerged from the east, the south, the north, and the west. They all flew in a circle but began to change form. In the place of the eagles appeared four silver-colored discs. The four silver discs then merged into one very large silver-colored flying saucer. All of the dreams were accompanied by a tremendous humming sound, and although I was asleep in each situation, I would feel my entire body vibrate to the point that it became unbearable. I would awake from the dreams shaking, exhausted, bewildered, and dizzy.”


Bobby Lake-Thom was disturbed by this last dream and began seeking the opinions of others. In February 1975, a Seneca medicine man—who was one of Bobby's earlier teachers— offered an opinion about the dream experience. “The first time I had that dream Beeman Logan came out to visit me and some other Native people on the West Coast to do doctoring ceremonies and stuff,” Bobby Lake-Thom recalled in a recent phone conversation with this columnist. “He stayed with me and I was talking to him about the profound dreams that I was having with the eagles changing into flying saucers and I asked him what he thought about it. He said, ‘That’s what’s going to happen to you.’ He said, ‘You’re connected. Those are our ancestors.’ I didn't mean to embarrass Beeman but I could not help but to laugh in his face! Being a professor and dealing with UFOs ... yeah, right. I didn’t really believe in it. � he said, ‘Well, you asked my opinion. That’s what I’m telling you. That’s going to come true. You’re going to be contacted by them and probably share a lot of knowledge and information with you,’ which they did. At that point he also told me that the Iroquois Six Nations believed that we were brought here from outer space by four ships. We didn’t evolve from monkeys. �We were brought here in a golden eagle ship, the hummingbird ship, the turtle ship, and the circular ship.”

In March 1975, Beeman Logan’s prediction came true. Bobby was living at the time in Trinidad, California. “I started having the dreams again and then I had a strong, compelling feeling to get up out of bed,” Bobby told me. “I heard this loud humming noise that was just driving me crazy so I went out into the front room. There was a big picture window. � I was on the second level and it was right there, just about level with the big picture window. I said, ‘Oh, my God’ .. It was a big silver colored disc with some lights going around on it, and the next thing I know it zapped me. A big ray of light hit me and I just went right through the window, without breaking the window or anything, right up into the ship.”


I began asking Bobby what he had seen on board the craft. He laughed and said, “For Christmas, I was going to try and get my wife one of those large plasma TV sets. 45 inch or something. It’s flat and you can hang it on the wall. I said, ‘Look at that! That’s exactly what, when I was taken up, the ancient ones, the outer space people, had me sit down in front of and look at, and I was given instructions through.”


“They said that wanted me to look at that screen and they showed me the past, the present, and the future,” Bobby explained. “They showed me who I was in some of my past lives, and primarily focused on the North American continent. There was some expansion into other areas, but mainly on the North American continent. After they gave me instructions and everything, they said, ‘Man does not govern nature. Nature governs man. The first time the world was purified by fire, the second time it was purified by water, and the third time it will be purified by earth itself, and be forewarned of the following signs and omens.’”


Then there following a long series of predictions of future world events, such as rare and unusual diseases, a worsening of natural disasters such as floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes, predictions about assassinations, the eruption of Mount St. Helens, and many other things.


“I kept asking them who they were and finally they revealed themselves to me,” Bobby Lake-Thom recalled. At first they had been four “shadowed” figures. Then, Bobby explained, “Finally they revealed themselves to me and they were four different, what appeared to me to be four medicine men from different tribes and parts of Turtle Island.”


One did most of the talking and Bobby described him for me, stating: “(He) had dark hair and he had a bear claw necklace on, but he had a silver steak right through the middle of his hair. �He had a bear hide slung over his shoulder. I asked them, ‘Who are you?’ and they said, ‘Your four grandfathers. We’ll be in communication with you and this is how we communicate.’ I said, ‘Yeah, but who are you really? Are you spirits or what?’ They said, ‘We’re energy beings. We’re your ancestors. We can take whatever form we want. .. If we were going to communicate to a black man or to a white man or to an Asian, we could take on that human form or appearance.’”


The above was excerpted from Mysterious America edited by Brent Raynes, Waynesboro, TN.


TODAY'S CLOSING SONG: (remain seated)

FIRST CONTACT

By Robert J. Williams


Alone they stand there waiting,

Looking at the stars above.

They wait for the first sign

From the intelligent and divine

The ones to come and show

People who want to know.

A first contact.


The ones above have already come

The bright colored light, the soft hum.

They are already here with us.

First contact has come.



Comments from one of the members:

I don´t believe that ufology should be a part of religious beliefs. I don´t believe that ufonauts are offering any information worthy of religious belief or faith.

I just had a long dialogue with Chris C. about this. Here´s what I sent to her:

I reread her message. Well, that question presumes that we are receiving messages from aliens that are truthful. I personally believe that they lie a lot. I was influenced to this view by John Keel, and in my own research I have seen nothing yet to change my mind. I am seriously opposed to people making ufology into the second coming of whatever.

I take a very different view of religion and the Christian religion than you do. I have spent the last 15 years thoroughly investigating the origins of various religions, especially Christianity. Many people do not analyze or investigate why they believe what they believe. Blind faith I think. Well, I cannot afford blind faith. Especially knowing the history of the church as I do.

I will spare you the harshness of my conclusions out of respect for your belief(s). I have no problem with people who require religion in their lives. No problem at all. I have a friend in Denver who is a Christian. She was the first person to befriend me when I moved to Denver in 1991. She and her husband are devoted Christians. We are the closest of friends. And the reason why is because she practices what she believes. She is kind, considerate and loving. I value this in people, no matter what their religious position.

There have been several major influences in my life, but I´ll boil them down to two. The first is the poetry and music of Bob Dylan. I cannot tell you how powerful his influence was on me during the 60s and 70s. It was like an earthquake through my consciousness. It woke me up from a deep sleep. The second one occurred recently. And it was a stunner.

I had the great pleasure of reading Christopher Hitchens book "God is not great!" Normally I would not read material such as this, especially from a humanist, but I was drawn to the general description of what the book contained.

In this book, Hitchens, an atheist, absolutely, utterly and totally destroys religion. I did not think it could be done. He did it by using material directly from all the different religions out there, including Buddhism, which is of interest to me. He decapitates it. He skewers it. And he does it by putting a mirror in front of the particular religion, and by using examples of what religion does, showed the other face that is often hidden to people.

I have for a long time felt that religion might have some value. This book changed my view on that. I agree that it has no value other than to support interest groups who use it for social and psychological control.

Reading this material freed me up in a way that I haven´t felt in years.

Now, I said he destroys religion. I did not say that he destroyed the spiritual impulse!

I am not a religious man. But I am a spiritual man on my own quest of discovery. Hitchens does not attack that. Neither does he really attack the paranormal, and I find that most interesting.

I don´t mean to present an image of him as a mean atheist on a quest to destroy religion. Actually, I was very surprised to see that he seems to have suffered a terrible loss in coming to terms with the truth of organized religion. I liked this of him, because I was baptized an Episcopalion so a part of me remembers those years.

There is much architecture, art and literature that religion has spawned that is simply incredible. I can appreciate this totally. In fact I try to visit the major church´s wherever I go, just to see how belief crystalises the arts.

This is a long winded way of telling you that there is almost an insistence among certain people in the ufo and paranormal fields to organize beliefs that support a particular religious view. I cannot partake of this. I don´t even like being around such lectures.

Sorry to be so long winded but I thought you´d like to know.

Much love,

k.

So, that´s why. I believe in collecting Pez containers, M and M dispensers and listening to good music. I don´t believe in saviours coming to rescue stupid people. Es mi opinion as they say in espanol.

REBUTTAL BY THURSDAY'S CHILD:

This blog is in no way associated with religion. It was meant as "tongue in cheek". We can believe what we want and don't have to belong to a religion to do so. As you will note up above the meaning of the word "church". It only means we all have similar interests.

I have had positive feedback and the persons writing in understood what I am doing, and that is to bring a new perspective to alien encounters; ones that have not been focused on before. They may be true or they may not be, that is for you all to decide for yourselves but I believe we can learn something by a cross section of these messages. One person said there has never been face to face messages - that is where he was wrong. There are many and all you have to do is go through your library of contact books and you will find them. That is what I do.

Some of the messages may make you very upset if you have a preset opinion. I am hoping that you will see through your foregone conclusions to a new paradigm. If not, it has been fun. I am not going to quit!


Next week a new and exciting lesson to consider.

Thursday's Child

1 comment:

Alan deWalton said...

"Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty..." (Psalm 74:20) ...

https://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/DulceMatrix.html

(Note: Please pray for me... I have been fighting this battle for many years and I am growing weak)