Sunday, March 9, 2008

PHILLIP KRAPF

Google: Definition of church: Church is an association of people with a common belief system.
I would like to remind the readers that this blog was begun to encapsulate what the aliens told the experiencer, not whole case histories.

Date of Inception
February 2008

Tenets:

We do not believe that "faith" is found in a building made by man.
We do not "pray" to those who arrive in ships from space.
We believe in a higher power, whatever that may be according to an individual's beliefs.
We believe we were placed on Planet Earth, instead of evolved on Earth.
We heed the words given by extraterrestrials to mankind and then consider whether to accept them.
Together we can change the world through love and positive thinking.

TODAY'S LESSON:

Phillip H. Krapf was an Editor for the L.A. Times newspaper. When he retired he was contacted by the Verdants and asked to write a book. Later they withdrew the request. So he wrote a book about what happened and this excerpt is from that portion. I am using it without permission. It is important because it shows that they are well aware of what is happening on earth. You can recognize exactly what they are talking about and what is behind the different things they see. As far as I know they have not returned. If they have and anyone knows, please write to me so we all can know. - Thursday's Child.


Phillip was brought aboard the craft for several reasons. It wasn't the first time and he enjoyed being there very much.

The room in which we appeared contained half a dozen overstuffed easy chairs set around a small table. On one wall, a small viewing port about the size of a movie screen in a multiplex theater looked out upon the cosmos. Four chairs sat directly in front of it.

As soon as we entered, the three or four Verdants who were in the room took one look at Martin and hastily left. That was my first inkling that he was an authority figure. In fact, Martin had been specially selected from among the top echelon of ship's officers to personally brief me. His job was to explain to me in simple layman's terms the reasons for the recall of all the Ambassadors, the nature of the discussions that had been taking place in face-to-face conferences (including the current one involving the other humans I had met) and the issues and concerns that had prompted these extraordinary encounters.

We settle into the chairs around the table and Martin got right to the point. The Verdants had become concerned with what they were seeing in the past year or so with respect to the human condition. He explained that after the disintegration of the Soviet Union and the end of the extremely dangerous Cold War at the end of the 1980s and the beginning of the 1990s, the Verdants were pleased. They became convinced that for the first time in humankind's history, the possibility of world peace was at long last at hand.

They were so sure, in fact, that the '90s would see a transformation in the baits and attitudes of the human species that we would be ripe for induction into the Intergalactic Federation of Sovereign Planets (IFSP) within the first decade of the 21st century--the new Millennium.

"It's that bedeviling diversity of the human species that has been causing us so many problems," he said. "We have so little experience with it" -- he was talking specifically about the human condition -- "that it appears we may have miscalculated the full ramifications. The truth is, we may have made a mistake. And I for one, at the age of 3,640 of your years, can recall only occasionally a Verdant admitting that a mistake was made. It's maddening."

His face was animated, or as much as a Verdant face can appear animated. I was perplexed.

"But isn't that impossible?" I asked. "On my first visit to the ship, you told me that Verdants have absolute intelligence. How can you make a mistake?"

Both Gina and Martin eyed me.

"You're forgetting your dreams," Gina said. "Perhaps we over loaded you with too much information. It may have been unrealistic to expect you to recall all of the details."

Ah, yes, the dreams again. As I noted earlier when describing my reunion with Gina back at the house, I had them in volumes after my return from the ship during my first visit in 1997. Because of their realism, their cohesiveness, clarity, and logical order, and the lack of chaos and symbolism that typifies most dreams, I finally became aware that they were more than mere nocturnal fantasies. Over a period of months, the Verdants had been planting information into my head.

"How can I forget?" I said. "They were so realistic."

"Well, in one of those dreams you had a conversation in which this very subject was discussed." The subject by which she referred, of course, was absolute intelligence.

After some prompting, details of that particular dream began coming back to me. In it, I had been talking with several Verdants and inquired offhandedly if they had discovered time travel or whether it is even possible to travel through time, either backward or forward.

The answer was no. And yes.

According to the information I received in this dream, the Verdants have not been able to unlock that tantalizing door, although it has not been for lack of trying -- literally for millions of years. They developed several methods that in theory had promised a breakthrough, but none bore fruit. The upshot was that they have never physically traveled to other times, either past or future, to actually interact in that time framework.

"So that means it's not possible then," I said.

"What leads you to that conclusion?" one of the Verdants asked, a response I hadn't expected.

Well since you have achieved absolute intelligence and you haven't been able to solve the problem, then it stands to reason that it can't be done." I said.

"Absolute intelligence doesn't equate to perfection, though," I was told.

I stared at them blankly as I let the information sink in. Of course he was right. The biological brain cannot exceed the limits of its capabliities. And that's all absolute intelligence is; reaching a place where it is impossible to go any further. Perhaps the answer to time travel lies just beyond that impenetrable threshold, or at least beyond the Verdants' enormous abilities.

"We make mistakes," I was told in the dram. "Not often, and not big ones, but it oes happen on occasion. We don't have all of the answers because we are not perfect and never will be."

Perhaps it will take the discovery of a new species that had the potential to become even more intelligent than the Verdants to solve the riddle of time travel. Who knows, perhaps it might even be humans who will find the key after we achieve our own level of absolute intelligence, however far into the future that may be.

Back in the here and now, Martin was reminding me about this limitation.

"There is only one perfect being. We are not gods; we are mortals. Very advanced mortals, admittedly, but mortals nevertheless. And as such we theoretically are prone to mistakes, although as I said, this would be one of those rare instances if it turned out to be true."

"What specifically is the problem?" I asked with a vague sense of uneasiness.

He explained that the various Ambassadors (all humans on this planet picked by the Verdants), all experts in their fields covering the whole arena of human endeavor, were engaged in an ongoing series of conferences with representatives of the so-called Ad Hoc Committee for Coordination of Earth Contact (AHCCEC), the specially appointed group of Verdants introduced in my first book, to thrash out the problems and arrive at solutions for ensuring that there would be no disruption of the timetable.

The issues under discussion were too numerous to mention, he told me, but he gave me a synopsis of some of the problem areas. The biggest concern, he said was essentially this: The expected post-Cold War transformation of our global society, however gradual - in which the more decent and civilized people of the world took control of governments and institutions -- was not occurring at the pace that had been anticipated.

In many respects, he said, the human condition was actually deteriorating rather than improving as it should have. Ominously, he suggested that a grand conspiracy may have been concocted by forces that oppose the contact, and that there appeared to be a deliberate campaign to stir up as much trouble as possible to discourage the Verdants from following through on their plans. The current discussion between Ambassadors and AHCCEC representatives were thus focusing on this overarching issue as well as on other existing afflictions of the human condition and the efforts being made on Earth to address them.

....... "can you at least tell me what they might be discussing in general terms that a person of my limited intellect could grasp?"

"Sure," Martin replied without skipping a beat. "Children killing children, a global pandemic of violence against women. Corporate greed ravishing the world's resources for their own selfish ends with no regard for the disastrous ecological and environmental legacy they leave for future generations. The airwaves filled with rancor by men and women, both secular and nonsecular, consumed by hate and narrow mindedness. Incivility of massive proportions. Skewed values and a loss of moral direction. apathy and unconcern for the less fortunate. Rampant child abuse, the breakdown of the family,, cruelty of all sorts. Unconscionable terrorist killing and maiming innocent victims."

So far, he hadn't told me anything new. All of that has been part of the fabric of our civilization for as long as I can remember, and my experience with humans doesn't go back a millennium. Certainly this couldn't come as any surprise to them, so why the sudden concern?

"....Third-world nations that don't have the capacity to adequately feed, clothe, shelter, and provide medical care for their citizens, squandering their paltry resources on the development of nuclear weapons. Ethnic cleansing. Pedophile clerics. The resurgence of religious and ethnic hatreds and massacres. Religious zealots who rant against government but who would establish a theocracy to impose their narrow and tyrannical dogmas upon the populace.

"A sapping of the moral spirit, a malaise of the soul. Psychotic militias, deranged cults, cultural rot embraced by millions who cheer choreographed violence in public arenas and idolize smutty radio personalities. The decline of sophistication and the celebration of mediocrity. Medical clinic bombings, homophobic madness, racism, scapegoating..."

"Okay, okay, I get the picture." I finally said.

"The list goes on, of course," Martin said. "Your history has been a bloody one, right from the moment that your ancestors climbed down from the trees and began walking upright." (!!)

I tried to protest, reminding him that the Verdants knew about our history when they determined that we were ready for contact and began initiating procedures. I recited the progress humankind has made over the millennnia, reminding him that our world is filled with good people.

"It really is," Gina offered in my support.

"You don't have to convince me, I'm aware of the data." Martin said. "But the people responsible for the corruption are still running things, and not only are they not losing momentum, they appear to be consolidating their control. We expected the masses of decent people to begin dismantling the old order, to start taking control of their destiny. But they are showing little if any indication that they are doing so.

"That," he concluded, "is the issue that's being discussed in the meetings."

Under the circumstances, the question of why I was there again surfaced, and I put it to Martin. After all, Gina said that he was supposed to explain to me the purpose of my presence. Of course, I liked the idea that I was aboard. It was exciting, exhilarating. But if I was to play no active role in the proceedings, I was anxious to find out just what was expected of me.

"You were invited aboard for several reasons. You have performed a valuable service for us at great personal sacrifice" Martin said. "Your invitation, in that respect, is a courtesy. You are only one of a very select few who have gone public with your story and we are aware that you have suffered as a result. We know that we have put you in an extremely stressful situation.

After this meeting the plan for contact with the human race was withdrawn.
___________

In a letter to me from Philip Krapf he says:

I have no experience with any of the various species except the Verdants, or course, but I have no reason to doubt that others have come into contact with different species.

When I look at the state of the world and realize how close we came to realizing an age-old dream, I can easily slip into a mood of despair. But I consciously work on trying to remain confident, hopeful, optimistic. Deep down I truly believe that someday we will prove ourselves worthy of being accepted into the cosmic community of intelligent and enlightened beings.

I'm aware of the burgeoning peace movement. Maybe it will have some effect beyond the mere confines of this planet.

Regards,
Phil Krapf

The above letter was written on November 1, 2002. As you all are aware things went from bad to worse in the world. It makes me very sad. We could have had so much.

Thursday's Child

No comments: